Re: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense a only for software libre? Not requiring

From: Nicodemo Alvaro
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense a only for software libre? Not requiring free cultural works with software?
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 16:28:21 -0500

On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 21:06:11 +0100
al3xu5 / dotcommon <address@hidden> wrote:

> The GPL and other free software licenses are focused just on the
> software source code.
>
> So, for GPL (and FSF) does not matter if the artwork that comes
> "attached" (not embedded) with the software code is or is not free.

The only thing the FSF approves of restricting are works of opinion.
They do advise in making artworks free. See their list of licenses for
uses other than documentation or software, in particular the Free Art
License. In my opinion, the GNU GPL is a valid license for digital art,
since there are sources for creating these.

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#OtherLicenses

--
Nicodemo