Fwd: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense a only for software libre? Not requiri

From: bruno gomes
Subject: Fwd: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense a only for software libre? Not requiring free cultural works with software?
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 20:24:13 +0000

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Niklas Cholmkvist <address@hidden>
Date: 2009/11/19
To: gNS users list <address@hidden>

Hi,

I was thinking the other day is gNewSense only a distribution for free
software? Doesn't it require that the art that comes with that
software to also be "Free Cultural
Works"(http://freedomdefined.org/Definition)?

Bruno:
Olá!
I don't know about software, but I know it is 'Cientific Knowlage', not 'Artistic Creation'.
I am an artist, musician.
I think that the 'creator' of an 'Art work' should always  have the power to choose about restrictions of copy and use of his work. It would be a litle freedom problem if he had not that power.. after all, Art, we like it wen the Artist was free to do it in his way.

Cientific work is knowlage, and this is completly diferent.
In my opinion, 'Privat Cientific Knowlage' should be considered a CRIME.
The European Inquisition is one of the best known examples of what 'Privatising Cientific Knowlage' can do to individuals, comunities and society in general.