Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: [Fwd: Re: texfont.C and texfont.h license]

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: [Fwd: Re: texfont.C and texfont.h license]
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 19:56:48 +0100

Niklas Cholmkvist schreef:
Sam wrote: "Is it actually useful to have BOINC in our repo? I
researched it a few
years ago and at that time all the clients I could find that were based
on it were non-free. If that's still true, then it's much the same as
ndiswrapper and we might as well remove it regardless of the license."

Why? Is it recommending non-free software? If it is why not remove it.
If it is removed without recommending non-free software, it should
stay in(could be modified to say EXAMPLE: "before using any projects
make sure you double-check that they distribute free software and post
on the gnewsense-users for any problems"

If the only clients in existance were non-free then it's only purpose would be running non-free software. So you could then say that it were recommending non-free software. Fortunately, that's not the case. It can also run useless free software. :p