Re: [gNewSense-users] [Fwd: Re: texfont.C and texfont.h license]

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] [Fwd: Re: texfont.C and texfont.h license]
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 19:52:34 +0100

Sam Geeraerts schreef:
ben schreef:
hello,

on 2009-11-09 i contacted kilgard to ask him to license his code under
BSD 3clause license. no answer yet, and i doubt that there'll be one.

kilgards answer not giving any specific free license, gns should stop
distributing his files.

Is it actually useful to have BOINC in our repo? I researched it a few years ago and at that time all the clients I could find that were based on it were non-free. If that's still true, then it's much the same as ndiswrapper and we might as well remove it regardless of the license.

It turns out that at least one of the BOINC based clients is free software (address@hidden) and is even in our repos.