Re: [gNewSense-users] Next version and the Yeeloong

From: Christian Campos
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Next version and the Yeeloong
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 17:06:56 -0500

If the next version of GNewSense is going to be based on Debian, and the kernel for the next version of Debian is going to be based on FreeBSD kernel, shall we have the first 100% free GNU/FreeBSD system? I am just wondering...is my guess true?

2009/10/23 Jason Self <address@hidden>
On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 11:25 AM, Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden> wrote:
> The next version of gNewSense is going to be based on Debian.

Really? No more Ubuntu? Maybe it would then also be possible to make
use of the Debian installer (which I personally prefer, from its
ability to set up full drive encryption and also to install only a
very minimal system.) I assume that the next version of gNewSense will
come out after the release of Squeeze? (Just trying to find the timing
of things.)