[gNewSense-users] FF 3.5 with OGG <video>, please test

From: rmh
Subject: [gNewSense-users] FF 3.5 with OGG <video>, please test
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 13:24:16 +0200

Hi,

Firefox-like browser (package 'iceweasel') is now available in
metad.

  - It's been fixed not to recommend non-free extensions.  Instead,
    it relies on the gnuzilla repository.

  - It's a backport from 3.5, which means there's OGG <video> support
    in metad now (yay for patent-free codecs).

  - The artwork is the one that came with upstream (i.e. iceweasel).
    Perhaps we could replace it with Icecat's, but it's non-trivial
    work (and I personally don't care as long as the package is 100%
    free).

Please test.  If no severe problems are found, we could make it part of
the default install (for the sake of promoting <video> and therefore OGG
codecs, I think this would justify it).

--
Robert Millan