Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: how to run installed packages

From: Luis Felipe López Acevedo
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: how to run installed packages
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 11:59:07 -0500

El lun, 19-10-2009 a las 11:36 -0500, Gaspar Núñez escribió:
> Thanks Luis Felipe:
>
> i'm already in a lot of lists, but i'll try to go the spanish list
>
> in my applications menu the education submenu just dosn't appear
> can this be caused by the fact that i've chosen spanish
> as the default language?

I don't think so. I use gNewSense in Spanish.

> what i did when installing maxima was the following:
>
> 1. opened the Synaptic
> 2. went to settings - repositories
> 3. choose main server (i had problems with Mexico server)
> 4. then reload
> 5. mark maxima and all associated packages
> 6. apply
> 7. everything was reported as correctly installed

I only use Synaptic when the package I want is not in Add/Remove in the
Applications menu which is easier to use, I think. These are the
installation steps for Maxima using Add/Remove:

1. Open Applications » Add/Remove
2. Search "Maxima"
3. Select the Maxima Algebra System in the results (and wxMaxima if you
want a nicer interface).
4. Apply changes.

And that's all. The program should appear in Applications » Education.
Menu, select Education and see if Maxima is unchecked.