Re: [gNewSense-users] installing packages

From: Luis Felipe Lopez Acevedo
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] installing packages
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 11:05:26 -0500

El jue, 01-10-2009 a las 11:53 -0500, Gaspar Núñez escribió:

> 3. i also need to install packages like R and Maxima
> and i did that using the "synaptic packages manager"
> (i think this is the translation for "Gestor de paquetes synaptic")
> and R and Maxima are reported as correctly installed
> but i can't get them to work properly, that is to say,
> i want the maxima icon to be in my desk and i need
> the wxMaxima to work, i assume that once i can do this
> i will also be able to manage R properly

I have installed Maxima and wxMaxima and they both appear in:

Aplicaciones » Educación

Both seem to work fine.

If you want them to appear in your desktop, right click on each of them
and  select: Añadir este lanzador al escritorio.

Gaspar, how did you find R? What's the name of the package you see in
Synaptic?

By the way, we have a list for Spanish speaking users: