Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: Is ZIP a free file format?

From: Paul O'Malley - gnu's not unix -
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: Is ZIP a free file format?
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 23:04:22 +0100

crap0101 wrote:
Il giorno ven, 28/08/2009 alle 18.54 +0200, Sam Geeraerts ha scritto:
crap0101 schreef:
[1] ( 3º ) same as the follow [2]:
        4º - The zip-2.32/macos/source/recurse.c and
zip-2.32/macos/source/recurse.h licenses are, in my opinion, unclear: "
        Copyright (c) 1995-1998 Jim Luther and Apple Computer, Inc.
        **  All rights reserved.
        **
        **  You may incorporate this sample code into your applications
        without
        **  restriction, though the sample code has been provided "AS
        IS" and the
        **  responsibility for its operation is 100% yours.
"
is/are really unclear, we should contact the author or info-zip.
What's unclear about it? It looks to me like a "do what you want + no warranty" license.

well, i'm not sure if relevant, but i think the sentence "You may
incorporate this sample code into your applications without restriction"
means incorporate only, not modification, ecc.. Also, "responsibility
for its operation is 100% your" seems referring to the above-mentioned
incorporation, so (maybe i don't get it) it doesn't permit explicitly
nothing else.
wrong, this is as Sam suggests

do what you want

at your own risk

tell the world who gave it to you

you are seeing ghosts where there are none

cheers
P.