Re: [gNewSense-users] Removing deltad from our mirrors

From: Michael Fötsch
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Removing deltad from our mirrors
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 20:07:00 +0200

Karl Goetz wrote:
We are required to keep the source for 3 years after we stop
distributing binaries (under the GNU GPL), so that is the action we'd
need to take :)

Only if you ever distributed gNewSense binaries accompanied by a written offer for source code.

If, on the other hand, you offered binaries for download, and the source code was available for download as well, then you don't have to keep the source code available (even if some users chose not to download the sources along with the binaries).

But of course, if you have the storage, why not keep the sources available, just in case someone needs them.

Kind Regards,
M.F.