Re: [gNewSense-users] gNewsense in very old hardware

From: Victor Cortiano
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] gNewsense in very old hardware
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 22:30:44 -0300

The OS: GNU/Linux and the programs would be free if you use Debian and
Linux-libre (and pay extra attention). Debian would still be a non-free
distro according to the GNU guidelines, but it's a different issue:

You can use whatever distro you like if you pay attention and remove the
non-free software on it. Your system would be free, not the distro itself.

The GNU project (and we free software supporters) cannot recommned those
distros for most people because they would probably not install linux-libre,
etc.

I use free software only (gNewSense), but IMHO using Debian is fairly better
than using an entirely proprietary OS.