Re: [gNewSense-users] gNewsense in very old hardware

From: Leo
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] gNewsense in very old hardware
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 01:35:00 -0300

On Monday 17 August 2009 23:02:54 G. Sebastián Pedersen wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to start using a GNU/Linux enterily free, and I was
> wondering if there a way to install gNewsense in very old hardware (I
> mean PIII 633 mhz. with 128 MB of RAM) because the current
> installation don't let me. Beside, and in part that's a razon I'm
> currently using Debian, I was wondering if there a installation way
> like Debian (i.e. text mode with really very low hardware
> requierements and, if wanted, very few soft installed afterwards).

I just installed gNS on a Pentium 233MHz with 64MB of RAM. What I did was
remove the HD, put it in a more powerful comp and install from there. Then I
uninstalled X and put the HD back in the old comp.

Doing that is far from optimal, but that's the easiest path I found.

--
KDE Argentina
http://www.kde.org.ar