Re: [gNewSense-users] Printer trouble [solved]

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Printer trouble [solved]
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 20:19:23 +0200

aurelien schreef:
But i prefer give that printer to someone can be help because he need to
print a "curriculum vitae" and his skills in computers and time don't
let him choice.

If you must pass it on, I hope it will be with a warning about the lack of free drivers (even if that person is not using a free OS). Keep in mind that this printer may form a barrier if he wants to move to free software.

But he does have a choice: he can buy the same printer as you will, wait for your driver ;) or send you the document to be printed with a good printer. If you mean that gNewSense is not an option for him because of his lack of technical skills, then I say: just let him try it, see if and where there are problems and try to work them out with us or with upstream projects.