[gNewSense-users] Re: gNewSense-users Digest, Vol 33, Issue 3

From: marco oliva
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Re: gNewSense-users Digest, Vol 33, Issue 3
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 12:51:39 +0100

A Friday 05 June 2009 09:54:38, address@hidden escreveu:
> It seems free, but the point `5.' is quite strange
>
> http://gnewsense.pastebin.com/m63d21bde
> what do you think?

In the point 4 is written :

" 4. LICENSEE may create derivative versions of the Program.  LICENSEE
hereby grants STANFORD a royalty-free license to use, copy, modify,
distribute and sublicense any such derivative works.  At the time
LICENSEE provides a copy of a derivative version of the Program to a
third party, LICENSEE shall provide STANFORD with one copy of the source
code of the derivative version at no charge to STANFORD. "

In my opinion, the license is non-free software.

Is almost equal to the license eCos Public License, version 1.1 :

" This was the old license of eCos. It is not a free software license, because
it requires sending every published modified version to a specific initial
developer. There are also some other words in this license whose meaning
we're not sure of that might also be problematic. "

Please, read the page ->
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#NonFreeSoftwareLicense

:-)