Re: [gNewSense-users] EnvyNG suggests non-free drivers

From: Graziano Sorbaioli
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] EnvyNG suggests non-free drivers
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 09:24:48 +0200

Il giorno ven, 05/06/2009 alle 01.12 -0400, Ted Smith ha scritto:

> This isn't similar to ndiswrapper at all. ndiswrapper just allows
> drivers written for NT to function with Linux. It doesn't
> recommend/download/install non-free software.
>
> This is more like the wrapper script for the Adobe Flash plugin, which
> downloaded and installed the binary plugin from adobe.

If the only purpose of this software is the installation of non free
drivers I think it should be removed because if we leave it in place
people could think we are approving the installation of non free stuff.

--
Graziano Sorbaioli  |  http://sorbaioli.org

LibrePlanet Italia
http://libreplanet.org/index.php/LibrePlanetItalia