Re: [gNewSense-users] I decided to abandon gNewSense

From: Quiliro Ordóñez
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] I decided to abandon gNewSense
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 06:26:14 -0500

2009/5/20 Dmitri Gabinski <address@hidden>
Wed, 20 May 2009 09:39:00 -0500, Quiliro Ordóñez <address@hidden> skribis:

I think it is much better to start out installing free softwre on Windoz

It is certainly much more comfortable. But it may turn out to be worse, because…

because once you get used to the functionallity you
will not make the effort to migrate to freedom.

Yes, that is! If instead of making a leap you opt to make some small steps, chances are, you won’t make the final step! Indeed, I know many users that prefer Mozilla Firefox to Internet Explorer, OpenOffice.org to Microsoft Office, Mozilla Thunderbird to Outlook etc., but they are not willing to switch to Linux. Why? Because they feel fine already!

They will eventually move to "Linux" through GNU because there are no viruses. They will not move from Linux to Linux-linux libre .... because they feel fine already.

As for myself, I stick to openSUSE exactly because I feel comfortable with it (more comfortable as with Windows and more comfortable as with gNewSense). I don’t feel courage to move further. Besides, removing all non-free software will ruin my business :(

gNewSense defends freedom, not comfort. Freedom is a midrange investment. Comfort is not an investment. It is a liability.
--
Saludos/Greetings
Quiliro Ordóñez