Re: [gNewSense-users] deltah-backports?

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] deltah-backports?
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 09:30:12 +0930

On Wed, 20 May 2009 13:21:01 -0400
Brian Kemp <address@hidden> wrote:

> Seems like with the latest gnash packages, I had an idea.
>
> There's an option for "backports" in the software sources app. Does
> gNS have a backports repo?

Yes, imported from upstream (just like -updates and -security).

> If it does, can I get Wesnoth 1.6 in there? My buddies upgraded to
> distributions that package 1.6 and I'd like to be able to school them
> in hex-grid turn-based Free Software warfare.

You'll have to check that, I'm afraid.

> Can submit bug upon request, or attempt to figure out how to package
> it myself if you don't mind holding my hand on IRC.

Hm... If it was added to upstreams backports, we'd sync it strait in.
As I'd rather not spend to much time on -backports, if we are making
our own packages, I'd rather they go into a community repo.
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)
Debian user / gNewSense contributor