Re: [gNewSense-users] I decided to abandon gNewSense

From: Quiliro Ordóñez
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] I decided to abandon gNewSense
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 09:39:00 -0500

You say that you're too old to be interested in free software. Jon "maddog" Hall, one of free software's most esteemed advocates, is 58 years old if I'm not mistaken, and he's still going strong. You're never too old to learn and have a positive impact on other people. You even started learning how to edit our wiki yourself.

I know a user which is 86! I understand a person might feel too old but I know people feel too old at 30. Learning increases capacity to learn so if you feel too old you might try thinking "youngly" to feel younger :-) We will help you and perhaps you can also help us by contribution to this project.

I think it is much better to start out installing free softwre on Windoz than installing Ubuntu because once you get used to the functionallity you will not make the effort to migrate to freedom. I can testify on this based on my experience with my mobile phone. It uses Palm OS. :-( This is also my problem with gmail. It is a grteater effort to change from an almost complete freedom tototal freedom than not have all the functionality with a partially free system.

Goal --> Freedom

--
Saludos/Greetings
Quiliro Ordóñez