Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: Friends of gNewSense [WAS: libre people]

From: Paul O'Malley - gnu's not unix -
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: Friends of gNewSense [WAS: libre people]
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 21:27:01 +0100

Luis Felipe Lopez Acevedo wrote:
El mié, 13-05-2009 a las 20:35 +0200, Sam Geeraerts escribió:
Eric Morey schreef:
Friends of gNewSense is my favorite title by far. In the USA, many
public libraries have a "Friends of ___ Library" group that consists of
donors and volunteers.
Thanks for your response. I had a quick look at the library thing [1] and it does seem to be somewhat in the same spirit. It looks like one of their main advocacy points is raising money, but I think that if people would make the link from us to them the most obvious associations would be "good cause" and "educating people".

[1] http://www.folusa.org/

I think "Friends of gNewSense" is a great idea. I like it very much.
and on IRC we don't give it to many but we use the cloak

 gnewsense/friend/

not too many of them about but we felt it said more about the organisational nature