Re: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense three years on

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense three years on
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 23:59:54 +0200

Paul O'Malley - gnu's not unix - schreef:
So where to now?

Brian and I had a chat about this. We feel that we have brought this
project as far as we can. We would like others to take the reigns.
The primary concern to the person or people who want to take over is
Software Freedom, pure and simple.

Does that mean you guys are leaving the project or just going to play a less prominent role?

Can you explain a bit what it means to fill one or both roles? That way people can see if they have the time and the skills that are needed and if they are interested.

In any case, thanks for starting the distro and all the work you've done.

Happy anniversary, everybody, and congratulations to all of those who helped get us this far. I'm especially thinking of our freedom verifiers; it can be a bit boring sometimes, but someone's got to do it.

May our success multiply and let completely free software be ubiquitous in the following years.