[gNewSense-users] Re: openfwwf [it was: Help on working with gNewSense]

From: Leo
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Re: openfwwf [it was: Help on working with gNewSense]
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 13:22:12 -0300

On Tuesday 05 May 2009 06:23:58 Graziano Sorbaioli wrote:
> Tor at Shared Genius ha scritto:
> >> 2) Can I get my wireless running ( it is not running from liver CD)
> >
> > Perhaps.  There is a reverse engeneered firmware which may work,
> > available at http://www.ing.unibs.it/openfwwf/ .  I haven't tried it
> > myself, although I do have a couple of Broadcom cards around.
>
> That website is an italian university one. I am italian and tried to
> contact them but they didn't answer.

I did contact them some time ago (in January) and it took them about a week to
reply. They told me they had been having problems with their mail server.

I tried Ali's Linux-libre 2.6.29.1 and it tells me b43 got *DEBLOBBED*. I
tried using openfwwf but apparently since b43 got deblobbed the kernel is not
even looking for the firmware. I read somewhere that they are going to fix
that for 2.6.30.

--
KDE Argentina
http://www.kde.org.ar