[gNewSense-users] Re: libre people

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Re: libre people
Date: Sun, 03 May 2009 23:58:05 +0300

Sam Geeraerts wrote:
> - Do GNUstep users know about gNewSense (and so aren't our target audience)?

I certainly do.  I think I installed gNS shortly after the first
release, and has been gradually moving my i386 machines to it since
then.

> - Is GAP commonly used as an acronym within the GNUstep community?

Yes, definitely.

> - Is it well known by all GNUstep users, or just mostly the developers?

Both.  Usually all users have installed an app or two from GAP, so
they know it.

> Sadly, in the not so ideal world we live in, Joe Regular is a lot more
> responsive to products than to philosophies.

Yes, but it's useless to promote the product without the philosophy.
You'll get more users who will just install non-free software on top
of it.