Re: [gNewSense-users] Wireless Lan Adapter Atheros

From: Ted Smith
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Wireless Lan Adapter Atheros
Date: Sat, 02 May 2009 13:54:53 -0400

On Sat, 2009-05-02 at 18:46 +0200, Thomas Wawra wrote:
> Hello,
>
> my wlan just dont work under gnewsense.
>
> typing -lspci gives the following output
>
> Atheros communications inc. unknown device 002a (rev01)
>

> under ubuntu my wlan works:
>
> typing -lspci gives the following output
>
> Atheros communications Inc. AR928X Wireless Network Adapter PCI Express
> (rev01)
>

> I really prefer gnewsense, but without wlan my laptop is useless for me.
> Can you help?
>
> Best regards
> Thomas

It seems that your card is supported in the newer (and free) ath9k
driver, which I don't think is in the latest gNewSense due to it (gNS)
being based on an older Ubuntu.

You might want to try installing the upstream linux-libre debs; those
will include ath9k and thus might fix your problem. I think someone on
this list had a package for linux-libre?