Re: [gNewSense-users] How can I download Skype?

From: Patrick DeBoard
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] How can I download Skype?
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 01:21:51 -0400

Sorry, i  had the wrong idea.

Can Ekiga provide me with a local phone # and allow me to call any phone in the US free, as well as allowing all phones to call me on that local #, all from my computer and Ekiga?

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 11:58 PM, Karl Goetz <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 22:46:41 -0400
Patrick DeBoard <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm using gNS 2.2.  the skype download is a debian file. i extracted
> it and got
> control.tar.gz and data.tar.gz and debian-binary.  i selected the
> three of them and clicked extract. an extract window popped up with
> my root name highlighted at the top of the file tree.  why would it
> pop up?  i have no idea what to do
> here.

Hi Patrick,
Skype is proprietary software, so you are unlikely [1][2] to get help
installing it.
Perhaps you could consider a free alternative like Ekiga.
kk

[1] read: you will not
[2] http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/CommunityGuidelines point 5
specifically.