Re: [gNewSense-users] gnewsense marketing

From: christophe . jarry
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] gnewsense marketing
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 08:29:36 +0200

Quoting Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden>:

Graziano Sorbaioli schreef:
Sam Geeraerts ha scritto:

I had something like that in mind when I created the Marketing page on
the wiki. Although back then I just thought it was a good place to dump
the flyer text and a pointer for people interested in marketing to pick up.

Count me in. I think I still have some ideas scribbled down somewhere.

Great, Sam, didn't know it was you who did that page.

Please fill your name in the how to help page and feel free to share
your crazy ideas. :)

How about a "gNewSense in the media" page on the wiki? Something like
[1]: links to reviews and other comments about gNewSense, with a date
and a short description. We could include anything from blogs to news
sites to podcasts (but excluding the core team's blogs). This would get
us some marketing without having to do much ourselves.

However, we shouldn't censor out the negative comments, so it may not
gain us as much as we'd like. But at least it would be honest. I guess
negative comments are mostly about missing functionality and
'zealotry', which doesn't hurt us much because our target audience
knows better than that.

[1] http://www.revolution-os.com/reviews.html

I agree this, i've already seen some reviews of gNewSense, based on different focus (freedom vs usability for example). Here are some:

http://www.nuxified.org/article/the_sense_of_gnewsense
http://www.techiemoe.com/tech/gnewsense1.htm
http://www.techiemoe.com/tech/gnewsense11.htm
http://www.techiemoe.com/tech/gnewsense2.htm