[gNewSense-users] How to boot from FSF membership card?

From: Dmitri Gabinski
Subject: [gNewSense-users] How to boot from FSF membership card?
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 20:51:48 +0300

Hi!

I have received my FSF membership card that is supposed to be bootable with gNewSense on-board. However, I cannot boot. I have Celeron 1.2 MHz, main board Gygabyte 6OXT (with Award BIOS v. 6.00PG), one hard drive, one CD-ROM and one CD-RW/DVD-ROM combo, two USB ports. The card is plugged into one USB port, and an EV-DO modem is plugged into the other port.

I tried the following boot device options in the BIOS setup:
USB-FF
USB-ZIP
USB-CDROM
USB-HDD
SCSI
HDD-1
ZIP

None of the above works. The card seems to be operable: when I boot from my hard drive, I see the card mounted as two volumes and can browse them. I have tried to search Google but found no relevant information. Is there something I could check or set up? Any ideas?

Best regards,

Dmitri Gabinski