Re: [gNewSense-users] Webapps infrastructure

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Webapps infrastructure
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 22:38:23 +0200

Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden> writes:

>>> about redmine: (http://www.redmine.org/)
>
> The feature list gives a very mature impression, but I've never heard of it.

I'm using it (http://redmine.josefsson.org/) lightly for GnuTLS, but
anything remotely connected to Ruby or Rails is a nightmare to maintain.
I tried to install things cleanly on debian lenny:

http://blog.josefsson.org/2008/10/17/redmine-on-debian-lenny-using-lighttpd/

However that installation generated tons of PHP session files which
filled up the disk space on that virtual machine, so now I'm just using
an apache proxy [1] against the ruby-internal web server.  I'm waiting
for what problems I'll run into next.

I really do like redmine more than trac, though, but I wish it wasn't
implemented in ruby.  Especially multi-projects is difficult with trac,
or at least that was my experience when I tried.

/Simon

[1]
http://git.josefsson.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=tools.git;a=blob;f=redmine.josefsson.org/redmine.josefsson.org;hb=HEAD