[gNewSense-users] Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Webapps infrastructure

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Webapps infrastructure
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 22:25:22 +0200

Karl Goetz schreef:
I'm putting out this call to ask for thoughts on what people would like
to see replacing our current infrastructure. Any ideas are welcome, but
appreciate there's a number of factors involved when things are
discussed.

I'd like to point out that Launchpad should be free in a few months. I think that would get us the following:

Advantages:
- Gratis server space and management (at least for some stuff)
- Improved co-operation with upstream
- PPA for a community repository
- More attention and so more potential contributors from the huge Ubuntu community

Disadvantages:
- We wouldn't have all our data on our own server
- Will it be free enough (ref. Franklin Street statement and such)?
- There doesn't seem to be a tool to migrate from Pmwiki