Re: [gNewSense-users] Can't log into Gnewsense forum

From: Tony Ferris
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Can't log into Gnewsense forum
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 18:26:31 +0100

Karl Goetz wrote:
On Tue, 21 Apr 2009 07:41:39 +0100
Tony Ferris <address@hidden> wrote:

Have tried several times to log into Gnewsense forum today without success. It says I'm already logged in but theres no box to type a
reply into? When I log in it throws me back to the main page each
time so I have to find the forum again. Also, I think there should be
direct access to the forum (ie - on menu page).

Have tried deleting cache/cookies but no difference.

There is a bug with logins via the sidebar, this may be affecting you.

Also, I plan to remove the forums in favour of a gmane interface
(pending any technical blockers).
kk
I quite like the idea of a gmane interface as long as its easily accessible to newcomers to Free software. As I understand it, Gmane means I'll be able to access the mailing list via a newsgroup reader?

I still believe (Although not a particular fan) that a forum like phpbb would be best suited to providing a support area that requires only a web browser to access it.

--

Cheers,
Tony