Re: [gNewSense-users] thunderbird icons

From: Tor at Shared Genius
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] thunderbird icons
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 09:13:47 -1000

Niklas Cholmkvist wrote:
On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 1:54 PM, Graziano Sorbaioli <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    ...Snip

Why not make a bug that tells of the specific issue with the icon. Although I didn't understand which has a non-free icon. Is it the Thunderbird program that has a non-free icon, or is it the plugin enigmail? Can you put a link to it so I can see it also?

Yes, it is the Thunderbird icons in question; I don't know about enigmail. As mentioned, free software does not require artwork to be free, as long as it is easily replaceable. Therefore this is not a bug of concern. I believe there exists an Icedove, the mail equivalent to Icecat, if you like. Since Thunderbird 2.x is free software I haven't bothered to search out a repository (does one exist yet?). If you are bothered by the non-free artwork the thing to do would be to see about adding Icedove to gNewSense. If you come up with a good repository there are probably others who would use it.

Tor