[gNewSense-users] usb micro sd card readers

From: Eric Morey
Subject: [gNewSense-users] usb micro sd card readers
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 12:29:24 -0400

Hello everyone,

I'd like to purchase a SD / Micro SD USB card reader. Has anyone used
one that works out of the box with gNS?

I found several options on newegg.com where users have commented about
being able to use the devices with GNU/Linux. Ubuntu is often mentioned,
but a number of reviewers do not specify a distribution. Will any work
with gNS?

I don't care so much about spending $ to find that the device doesn't
work with gNS as much I don't wish to reward a hardware manufacture for
a product that doesn't support our community.

Any help will be appreciated.

Eric...

Links to what I've found on newegg.com:

Rosewill RSD-CR106 Blue USB 2.0 External Single slot SD / MMC Card
Reader
http://tinyurl.com/cfudt7

i-rocks IR-8100-SL 12-in-1 USB 2.0 Card Reader with 3-Port USB2.0 Hub
http://tinyurl.com/c6xhkj

i-rocks IR-5400-WH USB 2.0 Card Reader
http://tinyurl.com/c6l95l

KINAMAX CR-SDMMC OEM 24-in-1 USB 2.0 Card Reader
http://tinyurl.com/cj2jmx

Aluratek AUCR200 USB 2.0 Multi-Media Card Reader
http://tinyurl.com/cpf7fx

Rosewill RCR-TT-EA001-K Black 74-in-1 USB 2.0 External 6 slots card
reader
http://tinyurl.com/c4sxak

Internal readers:

SABRENT CRW-UINB 68-in-1 USB 2.0 Internal Card Reader w/ USB 2.0 Port
http://tinyurl.com/cahcqt

Rosewill RCR-102 52-in-1 USB 2.0 3.5" Internal Card Reader w/ USB port
http://tinyurl.com/c4cvrk