Re: Naming of wiki pages (was Re: [gNewSense-users]Mirrors, Installation

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: Naming of wiki pages (was Re: [gNewSense-users]Mirrors, Installation docu)
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 20:42:22 +0100

Karl Goetz schreef:
On Mon, 02 Mar 2009 22:55:19 +0100
Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden> wrote:

Karl Goetz schreef:
Personally, I find it silly to say 'GNewSense' in our wiki names:
its under gnewsense.org. Why make urls harder by repeating stuff
thats already known?
 "Installing"
 "Installing2"
 "InstallingDeltah"
All seem like the logical ways to name pages.
Any other thoughts?
kk

Makes sense. It makes URLs shorter and less redundant. Diversifying could be done by extending the URL (e.g. InstallingDeltah) or with subfolders (e.g. Installing/Deltah).

Once apon a time we had a wiki editing guide. Wonder if its on
wiki.gns.o or if it was only ever an idea of mine.
Might be worth reviving.

Found it [1]. Naming pages was TODO. I added your insightfulness. :)
So I guess the GNewSenseToMIPS page should rather be MIPS or
MIPSProject (or MipsProject)?

I'd go with "MipsProject" myself.
kk

Can we have aliasses in PmWiki? Probably better to leave it (for now).

[1] http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/EditingGuidelines

(P.S.: No you haven't gone crazy, Karl just missed the list in his reply.)