Re: [gNewSense-users] Website skin updated

From: Auto Generate
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Website skin updated
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 14:48:54 -0500

wow, what a difference.  it looks sort of professional.

my problem, and i think i may be speaking for most of the world, who are NOT geeks, is that the language is still unapproachable.  I started reading, and I thought, what the f...  Now, I'm assuming (always dangerous to assume) that you guys want this software to be used by everybody.  Is that wrong?  When i say "you guys", i mean the community, and especially the developers and workers.  It's not written for people like me, who have no training in computers and software languages.  So for me, it's inaccessible, unless i take the time to plug away, write an email to the users list, wait for a response, etc.  Because really, it's all Greek to me.

I guess it comes down to this:  who is your audience?  If it's Geek World, it's probably great.  If it's World, it's poor.

I mean all this in a spirit of constructive criticism.

Patrick DeBoard