Re: [gNewSense-users]Mirrors, Installation docu

From: Niklas Cholmkvist
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users]Mirrors, Installation docu
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 23:26:36 +0200

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 10:38 PM, ben <address@hidden> wrote:
> Indeed, that's the one.
>
> I changed the link on
> http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Documentation/Documentation
> to point to it.
>
> ben
>
> Michael Fötsch wrote:
>> ben wrote:
>>> By the way, there had once been a nice installation manual on
>>> http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Documentation/BasicInstallation?action=edit
>>> (without ?action=edit) which vanished some months ago.
>>> It included nice screenshots and everything.
>>
>> This one? http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Documentation/InstallingGNewSense
>>
>> Kind Regards,
>> M.F.

I mentioned the link www.gnewsense.org/Mirrors/Mirrors because I
considered where someone new to gnewsense would first come in contact
with the concept of "mirrors".

One thought was about that they will go from the main site
http://www.gnewsense.org/static/homepage/ , then they might click on
FAQ, and from there they could find in the 12th question the link to
mirrors at http://www.gnewsense.org/Mirrors/Mirrors
A second thought is once they arrive at wiki.gnewsense.org , they can
click on mirrors at the left side list, under Download and Torrent.
They will be taken to the page, and I wonder what do you think about
there being a link at the top of the page explaining what a Mirror is
or there being a link to a page which explains it?