Re: [gNewSense-users] problem playing DVD's

From: Bubba cakes
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] problem playing DVD's
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 23:08:14 +1800

Okay, I did what you said, and nothing happened.  I got this:
> and a blinking cursor

this is what I typed: sudo usr/share/doc/libdvdread3/install-css.sh

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 10:30 PM, Dara Adib <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 11:18 PM, Bubba cakes <address@hidden> wrote:
> Okay, I do have an internet connection, but "run this command" doesn't mean
> anything to me.  How do I "run" a command?  To you guys in the know, it's
> simple, but to me, I have no idea what it means.  I need something to click
> on.  It would be better to tell me precisely which keys to press, which menu
> to open, which selection to make, etc, 'cause i'm a computer moron.

Go to Applications (top-left corner of desktop) -> Accessories ->
Terminal. Copy the command text and then right-click in the terminal
window to paste the command.  You can then run the command by pressing
enter. It will ask you for your password so enter your password and
press enter. Note that no text will show up on the screen while you
are entering your password.

Cheers,
Dara