Re: [gNewSense-users] patents and copyright [was: live cd]

From: Eus
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] patents and copyright [was: live cd]
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 02:41:29 -0800 (PST)

Hi Ho!

--- On Tue, 1/13/09, Quiliro Ordóñez <address@hidden> wrote:

>  No it is not. Once software is free under a free license,
> whoever got it
> alwas¡ys will have that part as free software. Whoever got
> it as nonfree
> without copyright would be able to at least execute and
> reverse engineer.
> Much better than before.....don't you think.

No, I don't think so. Reverse-engineering is much more difficult than just
compiling the source code.

> --
> Saludos/Greetings
> Quiliro Ordóñez
> 593(02)340 1517 / 593(09)821 8696
> http://quiliro.wordpress.com
> Artículos recientes:
> - Por que aceptar derechos de autor y patentes si no
> tenemos ninguna?

Best regards,

Eus (FSF member #4445)

In this digital era, where computing technology is pervasive, your freedom
depends on the software controlling those computing devices.

Join free software movement today! It is free as in freedom, not as in free
beer!

Join: http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=4445