Re: [gNewSense-users] A bug in Pidgin(or SCIM) with gNewSense2.1

From: Kermit Mei
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] A bug in Pidgin(or SCIM) with gNewSense2.1
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 19:53:17 +0800

J.B. Nicholson-Owens wrote:
Kermit Mei wrote:
Hello, I use gtalk in pidgin. And When I input something(Non-ASCII by scim) more than three lines, the pidgin will crash!

Is there anyone encounter that?

I haven't encountered that, but I don't use Pidgin with non-ASCII text.

I'd be surprised if this were a bug for gNewSense; have you checked with Pidgin's developers to see if they're aware of the problem?
No. But I asked my friend to test this problem in ubuntu 8.10, and Pidgin works well.

I'd suspect that you could see this same behavior with another GNU/Linux distribution. Have you tried doing the same thing with another GNU/Linux distribution? You might try this in a distribution which doesn't inherit the same packages as gNewSense (so, not Ubuntu); perhaps Fedora (since they have a live CD)?

It seems to me that no matter what you put in the text box, Pidgin should never crash.

Most of my friends use ubuntu, and it works well. I was an opensuse User before, I hadn't encountered that.