Re: [gNewSense-users] MIPS or x32

From: Paul O'Malley - gnu's not unix -
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] MIPS or x32
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 12:58:50 +0000

Koh Choon Lin wrote:
Dear all

Will the MIPS or x32 be the leading platform for gNewSense
development, ie. which platform will be getting the most time from
developers?

Hi,

As it is a community effort that has to be decided by those participating.

Access to the hardware is a limiting factor, however it appears that Danny has that problem resolved.

Now we have to wait on community effort. It may be slow or it may be fast, remember it took two guys three months to release the first "pre release" gNewSense. I don't know the kernel in use for the MIPS platform, so I don't know what it's issues are.

Happy Grav-mass[1] and Regards,

Paul O'Malley

[1]http://www.stallman.org/grav-mass.html