Re: [gNewSense-users] new homepage 1st draft

From: David Couzelis
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] new homepage 1st draft
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 09:01:34 -0800 (PST)

> http://www.caffeinegroup.com.ar/gnewsense.png

I really like this design!

Has this been created as a webpage, or is it just a mock-up image for now? If
it is a webpage, how functional is it?

Does the search box work? I still vote for using Google and the
"site:" command, at least to begin with. ;-)

What would have to be done to replace the current gnewsense.org website? Of
course anyone can edit the wiki, but who is in charge of the main site?

The tabs pretty much make sense.
Home -> (the page you made in the mock-up)
Community -> the main wiki page
Download -> a page that allows you to download a copy of gNewSense
Docs/FAQ -> a wiki page with links to the message board, mailing lists, and
documentation
Contact -> a page with contact information

Right now there is a big difference between browsing the main site and the
wiki. How can we combine the main site and the wiki? Can the wiki be embedded
into the main site after clicking the "Community" tab? Would that
even be a good idea?

I worry about having too much stuff on the main site that needs to be updated.
It looks great and is very useful, but if it doesn't get updated regularly
then that's no good. If it can automatically load current news from other
parts of the site (the mailing list or the forum) then that would be amazing!

The two gNewSense logos (on the site banner and on the download button)
together look a little strange. I would recommend changing that. One idea is
the make the new logo huge and light blue (just for the download button) and
have only part of it visible on the button. Hmm... If that's not a very
good description of my idea then just ignore it. :-P

Lastly, I LOVE the updated gNewSense tree logo. I wish it was all over the
website and my OS as soon as possible! ^_^

Dave