Re: [gNewSense-users] Detailed Supported Hardware List

From: Jean Schurger
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Detailed Supported Hardware List
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 08:18:52 -0500

On Tue, 2008-12-16 at 11:47 +0100, Graziano Sorbaioli wrote:

> Jean Schurger wrote:
>
> > - Acer Aspire One (at least the ZG5) run without non-free drivers.
> > For the wireless, ath5k works pretty well, ans is free.
> > (and i'm using it with an linux-libre kernel).
> >
> > Everything works.
>

> Are you sure about that?

Yes i am :) there is two drivers to make the wireless works.

- ath5k who is free
- and madwifi who use HAL.

HAL was non free, but i've just read the maintainer of Hal released the
source of the binary under the 'ICS license'.

> Are there more models of the acer aspire one?

I have a ZG5 with an SSD, and there is models with mode RAM soldered on
the mainboard, and an real hard-drive instead of the SSD (with a
different controler too). I don't know about the others hardware
differences if there is.

Jean.