Re: [gNewSense-users] GeForce 7025 and gNS

From: Eric Padman
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] GeForce 7025 and gNS
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 17:39:35 +1300

2008/12/12 Bruno Miguel <address@hidden>:
> On Thursday 11 December 2008 04:43:35 Eric Padman wrote:

>> > That command only makes xorg.conf get the default values. With nv driver
>> > added, X doesn't even start.
>>
>> Could you please post the Xorg log from /var/log/Xorg.0.log?
>
> Here it is:

*snip*

Sorry for the late reply. It looks like the nv driver doesn't support
that particular chipset unfortunately.

(--) PCI:*(0:18:0) nVidia Corporation unknown chipset (0x053e) rev 162, Mem @
0xfb000000/24, 0xe0000000/28, 0xfc000000/24

I would suggest you stick with vesa. It sounds like displayconfig-gtk
doesn't have the right values for your monitor so you might have to
find the monitor documentation and manually plug the values from that
in to xorg.conf. The xorg.conf man page will show you how to do this.
I've attached my xorg.conf for an example.

Cheers,
Eric (MentalNotes)