Re: [gNewSense-users] new homepage 1st draft

From: Luis Felipe Lopez Acevedo
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] new homepage 1st draft
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 12:56:05 -0500

2008/12/12 Graziano Sorbaioli <address@hidden>

Luis Felipe Lopez Acevedo wrote:

> 1. I'd put the *search field* in a different position, not in the same
> division as the the navigation links, because it won't look nice in
> 800x600  screens:

search engine moved to the right column.

> 2. I'd *change the color for visited links* in the navigation bar. I
> think this is what Sam was talking about:
>
> *see the screenshot in (1) again*

changing the visited link colour is something nobody should do for
usability and accessibility reasons.

Users are accustomed to see certain links colours and nowadays is not a
good idea to start changing them.

Some suggestions about this issue?

I insist, visited links (in the navigation bar) get lost in the blue background. I think that using CSS for this links can affect favorably the usability and accessibility, as you did in the .menu a:link selector :)

--
Luis Felipe López Acevedo
Medellín, Colombia