[gNewSense-users] Re: wireless config

From: Eus
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Re: wireless config
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 18:06:55 -0800 (PST)

Hi Ho!

--- On Wed, 12/10/08, Quiliro Ordóñez <address@hidden> wrote:

> I cannot configure my wireless network interface. In Windows
> it works
> perfectly.
>
> $ lspci | grep Network
> 00:09.0 Network controller: RaLink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI

Ops, it requires a non-free firmware. To quote
http://www.fsf.org/resources/hw/net/wireless/cards.html, "Note that some other
RT chipsets, including the RT2501, RT61 and RT2571W/RT2671, require firmware
that is not released under a free software license. This makes these devices
incompatible with a fully free system."

[snip]

> Please help. 8 hours struggling. Trying with different
> cards of the same
> model in different computersbut no luck. Any ideas? Thks.

Perhaps it is because the firmware has been stripped out of gNewSense already.

> --
> Saludos/Greetings
> Quiliro Ordóñez
> 593(02)340 1517 / 593(09)821 8696
> http://quiliro.wordpress.com
> Artículos recientes:
> - Por que aceptar derechos de autor y patentes si no
> tenemos ninguna?

Best regards,
Eus (FSF member #4445)

In this digital era, where computing technology is pervasive,
your freedom depends on the software controlling those computing devices.

Join free software movement today!
It is free as in freedom, not as in free beer!

Join: http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=4445