[gNewSense-users] restructuring the website

From: ben
Subject: [gNewSense-users] restructuring the website
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2008 19:00:57 +0100

hello,

in the forum some people (including me) were off the opinion that the
gNS website is not really well-structured. there are two points which i
want to mention (which were the initial reason for me to think about this):

(1) the documentation page
http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Documentation/Documentation
is way too difficult to reach, considered the fact that it carries
crucial info like the installation manual

(2) while the builder is very important, people who visit the web site
will mainly be interested in gNS and not in the builder.
(if this assumption is not right, please excuse me)
for those the information about the builder is noise which is bound to
make life difficult for them.

i would like to suggest a new structure for the main menu, which would
be more standard and hence easier and faster to understand. my
suggestion is far from complete, of course, and is only meant as a
starting point for discussion.

the main points are answers to the facts i mentioned before: separate
'builder' section (also for documentation of the builder) and
aggregation of all the gNS user information under 'Documentation'

About gNewSense
        Features
        Software
                Repos