Re: [gNewSense-users] Modified logo for gNewSense: see if you like it!

From: Benedikt Ahrens
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Modified logo for gNewSense: see if you like it!
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 18:54:19 +0100

> Sam Geeraerts wrote:
>
>> It sounds like you want this to replace the (also very good) theme we
>> currently have in the short term. It seems a bit strange to me to
>> replace the artwork of a version that has already been released. Would
>> there be any particular reason for that?
>>
>> On the other hand, it's a bit of a waste not to use it or to just have
>> it as an additional theme. A new release based on 8.10 and with the new
>> theme would be ideal, but that's probably not going to happen.
>

> No.
> It was me that suggested in the forum to change the current artwork
> (logo and so on) of the website AND distro to that of sirgazil.
>
> I think his work is a major improvement in the distro graphics and in
> the website one so I told him to PROPOSE in the mailing list such a
> change to hear what do YOU think. :)
>
> I really like his logo more than the current one and I vote for
> replacing it in the website main static page and in the distro.
>
> I would like that to become our main logo and leave the other one as an
> option for another theme.
>
> What about you?

What would the procedure be ? In case of update, would the design
(wallpaper etc.) change automatically ? I think this should be
avoided, since it would confuse users who do not follow the
discussion.
Would there be a difference between the design in userspace (like
wallpaper) and system-wide settings (gdm, splash) ? Or would the
upgrade behavior be the same for both "worlds" ?
ben