Re: [gNewSense-users] ideas & suggestions about gNewSense

From: Benedikt Ahrens
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] ideas & suggestions about gNewSense
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 17:50:12 +0100

hello torsten,

it is understandable that you are interested in the software you
mentioned. this software satisfies quite common needs. on the other
hand, there are still different needs, and not everybody who installs
gnewsense really wants the vlc player or java, for example.
this is why there is a (quite simple) way to add software after the
installation. the documentation for this is perhaps not on the
gnewsense webpage, but certainly on any ubuntu wiki (gnewsense is
based of ubuntu). instead of demanding to put all of the programs you
want to use on every machine where gnewsense is installed, i suggest
you to read some introduction to ubuntu, most of which applies to
gnewsense as well. the information can be complemented by what you'll
find on gnewsense.org.

have a lot of fun with your gnewsense system
ben