Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: [SOLVED] Remove configuration files

From: James Freer
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: [SOLVED] Remove configuration files
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 22:57:02 +0000

I'd agree that the dependency resolver is superior. But why do most
folk use apt-get? apt-get is a pain to go through the manual on but
there are so many switches etc that with knowledge i reckon carefully
studied it is a better bet. Finding orphaned packages one can use
deborphan or gtk-orphan (graphical).

Six months ago i was going to write a manual for aptitude... decided
it wasn't worth it as so many stick with apt-get.

james