Re: [gNewSense-users] Linux-libre 2.6.27 installation package and repo

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Linux-libre 2.6.27 installation package and repo
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 17:09:07 +1030

On Sun, 2008-10-12 at 16:05 +0300, Ali Gunduz wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> As some of you may know, - after my first announcement over a month
> ago - I have continued to publish newer linux-2.6.27-rc installation
> packs at http://www.aligunduz.org/gNewSense/ as they were released
> from linux-libre upstream. Over time, I got slimmer, more stable and
> capable kernel packs, much thanks to the user feedback. (BTW, as it
> was my initial goal, I got complete hardware compatibility with Asus
> Eee PC 701 and 900 models.)

Nice work.

> I just wanted to announce this and ask a further question. Would
> gNewSense development consider including this package line into its
> official repo as an alternative kernel?

If it fulfills all the requirements for a would-be package i expect it
could be.

> Needless to say, I would be happy to volunteer for those packages'
> maintenance...

The largest part of maintainance (AIUI) is the initial gen-script, which
i assume is also what your offering to write :)

> Happy Hacking
>
> Ali Gunduz

Feel free to ask the list/on irc if you need help (hopefully i'll be on
regularly soon).

Karl Goetz <address@hidden>