Re: [gNewSense-users] How to voluntarily follow gNewSense / FSF guidelin

From: Brian Greer
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] How to voluntarily follow gNewSense / FSF guidelines on my Ubuntu Apple PPC?
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 14:32:47 -0700

Karl Goetz wrote:

Read, unsupported.

That's what the corporation wants you to believe. They say that they don't have the resources, and that's understandable, yet at the same time permit space on their servers and forums for the very latest. Drives me nuts at times.

So yes, from a corporate standpoint, you are right.

The question is, do you need corporate support, or would the support of just the community suffice? You know you'd have my vote for sure. That's what this is really all about - I just want to encourage you, not prove you wrong.

How about Debian as a base? If Ubuntu PPC were to dry up tomorrow, it would be just as easy to transfer my skills to a Debian-ized version of gNewSense for ppc.

I'll need that in about a week - thanks! :)