Re: [gNewSense-users] MP3s xmms2 -uhh?

From: David Carpenter
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] MP3s xmms2 -uhh?
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:28:23 +0100

Thanks Bruno
So, if I understand it correctly...

the xmms2-plugin-mad (> that is installed. This is a 'libmad based mp3
decoder')

is a free(dom) implementation of mp3 decoder - so that means it's ok to
be in gNewSense.

Whether it's legal for you to use it is a matter for your local legal
system (I've seen plenty of threads on this!)

AND gNewSence takes the line that it doesn't take a line on this, so
it's up to you if you use it or not!

So, the 'free software' ideal is not at all compromised by this xmms2
plugin. Hurrah!

As long as I have got that right, then that's cool.

Thanks Bruno for your time, and thanks to everyone involved in
gNewSense!

David